While activity around the globe has paused, you still have a life.
How can you make the most of it, despite what’s happening? That’s a question I’ve been coaching my clients around, as well as myself.
That’s what this guide is all about.
I am here to support you.
We are facing a lot of uncertainty, and I know this can cause some feelings of anxiety, fear and worry. I want you to know that no matter what you are feeling, you are not broken.
If you know my story at all you know that I used to be an individual that experienced a lot of panic & anxiety on a regular basis over things much less serious than this virus. Had I not had the tools and mindset I have now, I know I would not be in this really beautiful place of acceptance and possibility and I wanted to share with you.
There is no better time to use these tools to manage ourselves in positive and powerful ways.
My grandmother used to always tell me, “this too shall pass” and those are very wise words. Remember, this too shall pass.
There are a lot of emotions running around nowadays so my team has put together some resources for you to support you during this time.
If you haven’t already subscribed to the French Kiss Life podcast on iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher, make sure you subscribe. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be addressing how you can be French Kissing Life with what’s happening in the world right now.
If you feel overwhelmed, scared, or anxious, my team has put together some of our resources to support you during this time:
More than ever, it’s so important that you manage your mind. Remember, every thought is optional. You must learn to differentiate between fact vs. fiction and choose the fiction that serves you.
I recently did a podcast on borrowing beliefs. You can listen here.
Here are some beliefs you can borrow from me:
There is so much good in the world.
I am safe and supported.
I get to decide how I feel about what’s happening.
There’s abundance everywhere.
This is happening for us.
I am healthy.
This situation is birthing so many possibilities.
This is an opportunity.
Humanity is coming together.
I am willing to experience all of this.
This is life, and I’m here for it.
I’m choosing faith and calm.
Feel free to borrow these beliefs to support you.
Since many of us are practicing social distancing, here are some suggestions of how to make the most of this time:
- Call a friend/family member that you haven’t had time to talk to in months. Even do a video chat. They probably have more time too and it’s nice to connect even when we are socially distancing.
- Make a gratitude list. It’s important that we refocus our minds on what’s good in the world, especially in times like this.
- Spend some quality time with your family. Sit down and have family dinners, share funny stories, ask silly questions, ask about their dreams, fears, feelings. Now is a good time to process all of this and really get to know your housemates.
- Read those books you have on your shelf (or in your kindle) that you haven’t had the time to read.
- Take the time to take care of yourself. Take your vitamins, do some yoga & stretching, some meditation, do stairs in your house, lunges in the hallway. Play some music and dance around like you’re in middle school again.
- Take time to relax and decompress. Take a long bath with candles, breath.
- Make your environment your sanctuary. Since you are probably spending more time at home than usual, make it comfortable, make it how you want it. Declutter, edit, refine, simplify.
- Take the time to check things off your to-do list. Want to clean out your closet? Get rid of those old bras, those pants never really liked anyway?
- Get creative. Instead of consuming constant media and feeding the anxiety, use this time to indulge in a new hobby. Paint, sew, knit, make candles, finish that scrapbook, make bread, garden, learn magic.
- Learn something new. There are so many free resources out there right now for you to soak up the knowledge. What intrigues you that you want to learn about? I bet you there is so much information out there on the interwebs for you.
Even with all this going on, have you seen all the beauty & humor (yes, humor is important in times like this) happening around the world? It’s always there. As Rumi says, “What you seek is seeking you.”
Here’s some beauty for you:
- The love the human spirit has, look at the Italians while under quarantine sing together from the balconies. This brought tears of love to my eyes.
- The canals in Venice are crystal clear, there are dolphins jumping about in the waters.
- Blue skies have returned to China and it is beautiful, look at these great pictures.
- In Barcelona, they are playing music together & applauding on balconies.
- Want a cultural excursion? Visit the MET Opera from home.
Here’s something to make you giggle:
- Nothing to see here 😉
- Did you hear about homeschooling? “Homeschooling is going well. Two students were suspended for fighting & teacher fired for drinking on the job” - twitter
- Four-legged friend advice right here
- Have you seen the sock puppet?
History has shown that those who remain level-headed and lead during times like this come out stronger than ever.
Let’s all decide that this is who we’re going to be.
I truly hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy and continue to stay this way.
Let’s all take a collective deep breath.
I love you.
If there is something specific you are struggling with, I’d love to hear from you so I can possibly address it in an upcoming podcast. Please email me at email@example.com. (Note: I won’t be able to reply to your emails, but I promise to read them all).
(P.S. If you haven’t subscribed to be an FKL Insider, you can do that here so you get notified on all the good things coming. )
Live Your Life With Style, Flare, and Elegance
IF YOU LIKE IT, SHARE IT